As you know, I’ve been taking Ivory Caps for quite a while now.
Along my journey, I’ve noticed some specific pros and cons that I’d like to delve into.
Now, I’ll list some of the key pros and cons that I’ve come across in the months that I’ve been taking Ivory Caps.
Pros of Ivory Caps
- They work! – If you take the right dosage of them for your body and the right amount of vitamin c along with them, you will see results; that is unless you’re one of the unlucky people that can’t tolerate them.
- Their claim that you won’t darken after you stop taking them is true! – At one point, I ran out of them and wasn’t able to buy more of them right away. I made sure to wear sunscreen when I went outside, and my skin didn’t darken during that period.
- I didn’t experience any side effects while taking Ivory Caps! – Really the only “side effect” that I’ve ever experienced was my skin getting lighter, which was the main point of taking them in the first place.
- There are many other health benefits of taking a glutathione supplement – I’ve noticed over time that my eyesight has gotten a bit sharper, I have less lower back pains, far less joint pain, and more energy while taking glutathione! Now, I’m not saying that every person is going to have this experience, but this is my personal account. I should also note that these health benefits are across the board for Ivory Caps, Gluta 9000, and Gluta 200000.
Cons of Ivory Caps
- They seem to target the lighter parts of your skin first! – What I mean is that they lightened up the lighter parts of my skin first and not the dark marks. This only emphasized those dark marks.
- You can end up looking washed out, splotchy, and uneven! – Though they were lightening up my skin, I ended up looking kind of washed out and ashy on the lighter parts of my skin. My skin had a real patchy look to it because it was taking way longer for the dark spots to lighten up.
- My skin started to peel! – It says on the bottle or on the paper that comes in the package, I don’t remember which, that Ivory Caps can cause skin peeling. This peeling is part of the skin lightening and brightening process and is normal. My problem is that for whatever reason, the skin around my lips began to peel really badly. At one point, a sore developed at the top of my mouth and because it was peeling all the time from taking the pills, it couldn’t heal properly. I put some vitamin e oil on it, and it finally healed back up.
- They are expensive! – With Ivory Caps, you get 60 of them in a bottle, but you need to make at least 2 of them a day to see any results. My regimen was taking 4 of them a day which meant that I would run out of them in less than a month.
Due to those cons, I started searching for another product that was cheaper but still effective, and I found Gluta 9000.
I took them for 2 whole months, and here are some of the pros and cons that I ran into.
Pros of Gluta 9000
- They work! –I was very skeptical of these because I wasn’t familiar with the brand, but after taking before and after pictures of when I first started taking them, I definitely saw a difference in my skin.
- You get a higher dosage of glutathione with these! –Gluta 9000 has 9,000 mg of glutathione per dosage (1 pill) vs. the 1,500 per dosage (2 pills) with Ivory Caps.
- They target the dark spots first! –These pills started to lighten up the dark spots on my face first.
- They gave my skin a smoothness and glow! – Within days of taking these, I started to see that my skin was getting smoother and more even. My skin also had a healthy glow!
- They are WAY more affordable than Ivory Caps! –From where I got my Gluta 9000, they were about $13 cheaper per bottle than Ivory Caps.
- They last longer! –It says on the bottle to take 2 a day, one in the morning and one at night, but I only took 1 per day and was able to still see results!
Cons of Gluta 9000
- I really can’t think of any cons while I was taking them.
That being said, I did start to look for something else because around that time it was coming up on a full year that I had been trying to achieve an even and brighter skin tone.
I was still trying to repair the damage to my skin from the old acne scars that I had.
That’s when I started to search for something stronger, and I found Gluta 200000.
I just finished my first bottle of them the day before yesterday, and here are some of the pros and cons that I’ve experienced.
Pros of Gluta 200000
- They are pretty much an amped up version of Gluta 9000! – With Gluta 200000, you get 200,000 mg of glutathione per dosage (1 pill).
- You can see results way faster! – It’s only been a month, and most of the dark marks that you can see in the previous photos are gone!
- They give your skin a healthy glow and somewhat of a pinkness! – My skin hasn’t been this smooth and soft in a while, and it’s getting better every day. Plus, there is now a pinkness to my skin; this is part of the skin lightening process. First, you’ll see your skin get smoother and pinker right before you start to see skin lightening and brightening; this is especially true for those with darker skin tones. Right now, there’s really no need for me to wear blush anymore!
- My skin is not blotchy and uneven anymore! –Before, while I was still taking the Ivory Caps, my skin was very uneven and ashy looking, even with lotion on. Now my real skin tone is coming back, and my skin is looking A LOT healthier!
- My acne is FINALLY clearing up! – I had quite a bit of acne before (not because of the glutathione), and now my skin is so much clearer and cleaner looking!
- They are even cheaper than Gluta 9000! – From where I get mine, they are about $5 cheaper than Gluta 9000 and about $18 cheaper than Ivory Caps (per bottle).
- You don’t necessarily have to take vitamin c along with them! – With Ivory Caps, I had to take 1000 mg of vitamin c along with them to maximize the results. With Gluta 200000, the capsules themselves have 20,000 mg of vitamin c already in them. I haven’t been taking the vitamin c capsules at all this past month and have STILL seen results!
Cons of Gluta 200000
- It takes quite a while for them to be shipped! –They have to be shipped from Thailand in most cases, and that can take at least a couple of weeks.
- I couldn’t see myself taking them long-term! – Because the amount of glutathione in them is so high, I really wouldn’t want to risk getting too light by taking them for too long. My goal has always been just to get back to my original skin tone and not any lighter than that. I’ll probably just continue to take Gluta 200000 until I reach my goal and then switch back to Ivory Caps and take 1 pill a day for the maintenance dose.
Well there you have it.
I’ve laid out my experiences with these products.
The bottom line is that from my personal experience, all of these products are effective for lightening your skin.
Depending on your skin tone goals and your budget, you’ll want to choose which one of them is the right one for you.